College Readiness Group for High School Students Details
Tentative group schedule and structure:
- Week 1… Introduction and University Selection… Group could focus on finding a good fit (i.e., location, size, resources, etc).
- Week 2: Understanding “norms” in college…
Finding campus resources, possible disability services and accomodations/mental health resources
- Week 3: Relationships:
Communicating with college professors and peers.
- Week 4: anxiety and ways to overcome it
- Week 5: Executive functioning… time blocking, prioritization, goal setting. Strategies to complete assignments on time.
- Week 6: study skills: notetaking and study skills/techniques/exam prep
- Week 7: Navigating college applications- creating a good application. SAT/ACT
- Week 8: conclusion and planning… reflecting on skills learned and creating a personalized plan for college.